HERMISTON, Ore. — Sunnyside went on the road and picked up a 63-56 nonleague win over Hermiston Friday night.
Alvina Meninick and Cloe Peters scored 14 points apiece to lead Toppenish to a 48-44 win at East Valley in girls basketball Friday night.
With the Valley returning to a mostly normal athletic calendar from September through November, another tradition returned — West Valley enjoyed a stellar fall season.
Junior Demetreus Sadeddin scored 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead West Valley to a 74-39 victory over Southridge in nonleague season-opening boys basketball Tuesday night at West Valley.
I haven’t done the research, but I’m going out on a fairly sturdy limb and just saying it: Toppenish is the first team in the history of the state football playoffs to travel for a first-round game with a 10-0 record.
CONNELL — Zillah volleyball’s winning streak reached 14 matches as the Leopards captured a district title Saturday night.
PASCO — On the face of it, Kate Laurent and the Ellensburg girls had a decent day — one of the best individual times for all races and just a few points from a team trophy, always a tough prize to secure.
MOST POPULAR: PREP SPORTS
- Prep roundup: West Valley boys open with 74-39 win over Southridge
- Five storylines to watch this high school basketball season
- Away at School Notebook: Emilee Maldonado putting up All-American numbers again
- Eisenhower's Kiana Yesiki starts senior season as CBBN's reigning player of the year
- Davis girls jump into tough preseason schedule with loss to Hermiston
- Boys Basketball Roundup: Maldonado's 24 points leads Sunnyside over Hermiston
- Girls Basketball Roundup: Toppenish improves to 2-0 with win at East Valley
- Viktorya Torres to compete in Junior Pan American Games
- West Valley leads the way with 10 fall selections for the Yakima Valley Sports Awards
- Fall 2021 Athlete of the Year finalists
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.