NOTE: The spring honor roll is a collection of all-league teams involving high schools in the YHR circulation area. All of these teams were selected by coaches and the formats vary from league to league. Due to the condensed and postponed seasons, some leagues did not produce all-league teams.
Leaning on their balance, West Valley's boys kept their unbeaten season intact Friday night.
Just more than 15 months since they saw their 2020 college baseball freshmen seasons scrapped because of the the pandemic, two Valley alums will be on the sport’s grandest stage starting this weekend.
MOSES LAKE — Joey Oplinger made his final high school diving competition not only a memorable one but historic.
OTHELLO — Sophomore Ruby Rios and freshman Ruby Clark won individual titles with three consecutive pins to lead Toppenish to second place in Thursday's Eastern Washington girls regional tournament at Othello, which captured the team title on its home mats.
Action from the CBBN district wrestling championship Thursday, June 17, 2021, at Eisenhower High School in Yakima, Wash.
When West Valley's boys graduated much of the height and length that formed last year's suffocating zone defense, coach Jon Kinloch wasn't sure he would continue on with the same defense — if and when a follow-up season was in play.
West Valley defeated Davis 69-48 Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Davis High School in Yakima, Wash.
A quick start on the road Tuesday night helped Davis guarantee itself a chance to play for a share of the regular season title.
Action from a CBBN matchup between Davis and Eisenhower Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at Davis High School in Yakima, Wash. Eisenhower defeated Davis, 56-49.
MOST POPULAR: PREP SPORTS
- West Valley and Selah lead Valley in spring finalists for Athlete of the Year
- Navarre comes up big again to lead Zillah boys basketball to district title
- West Valley's defense wraps up unbeaten league season with 69-48 win over Davis
- Eisenhower girls avenge 21-point loss with 56-49 win at Davis
- Senior forwards carry La Salle girls basketball to one last title
- High School Roundup: Davis boys basketball knocks off Ike to keep title hopes alive
- High School Roundup: Landis powers West Valley girls to win over Wenatchee
- Sunnyside has seven champions and 12 finalists at CBBN district wrestling
- High School Basketball Roundup: Sunnyside girls rally to beat Davis in district semifinals
- High School Roundup: West Valley boys remain unbeaten, will host district championship
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.
The Highland boys basketball team lost 61-45 at home against Walla Walla Valley Academy on Monday.
WHITE SWAN — Kupkana Leavitt and Teal Soaring-Eagle scored 25 points apiece as White Swan's boys handed Cle Elum its first league loss of the season with a 63-57 victory in EWAC basketball Thursday night.
Action from a CBBN league wrestling dual between Eisenhower and Davis Thursday, June 10, 2021, at Zaepfel Stadium in Yakima, Wash. Davis defeated Eisenhower, 41-35.
Davis pulled away in the fourth quarter to beat West Valley 47-33 for a home CBBN win Thursday night.
ZILLAH — Junior Brynn Widner netted 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Zillah's girls to a 64-54 victory over Wapato in the SCAC district semifinals Wednesday night.