HERMISTON, Ore. — Sunnyside went on the road and picked up a 63-56 nonleague win over Hermiston Friday night.
Alvina Meninick and Cloe Peters scored 14 points apiece to lead Toppenish to a 48-44 win at East Valley in girls basketball Friday night.
With the Valley returning to a mostly normal athletic calendar from September through November, another tradition returned — West Valley enjoyed a stellar fall season.
SEATTLE — Central Washington's late rally fell short in a 69-65 loss at Seattle Pacific to open conference play Thursday night.
With five games to get his young team ready for CBBN play, Davis girls coach Akil White loaded that preseason schedule and knew his crew might take a few lumps.
Davis hosted Hermiston in girls basketball Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021 at Davis High School in Yakima, Wash.
Emilee Maldonado is the reigning player of the year in the Frontier Conference and a three-time NAIA All-American for Providence’s women’s basketball team.
NOTE: The Herald-Republic’s honor roll is a compilation of all-league teams involving high schools in the YHR circulation area. All selections were made by coaches.
ATLANTA — Selah’s Andrew Murphy remained perfect through four professional fights with a lightning-quick knockout of Albert Leyva on Saturday.
MOST POPULAR: PREP SPORTS
- Prep roundup: West Valley boys open with 74-39 win over Southridge
- Five storylines to watch this high school basketball season
- Away at School Notebook: Emilee Maldonado putting up All-American numbers again
- Eisenhower's Kiana Yesiki starts senior season as CBBN's reigning player of the year
- Davis girls jump into tough preseason schedule with loss to Hermiston
- Boys Basketball Roundup: Maldonado's 24 points leads Sunnyside over Hermiston
- Girls Basketball Roundup: Toppenish improves to 2-0 with win at East Valley
- Viktorya Torres to compete in Junior Pan American Games
- West Valley leads the way with 10 fall selections for the Yakima Valley Sports Awards
- Fall 2021 Athlete of the Year finalists
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.
ELLENSBURG — Seattle Pacific ruined Central Washington's perfect home record with a 25-15, 25-22, 26-24 sweep Thursday night at Nicholson Pavilion.
A month after beating Eisenhower in double overtime, Davis went the distance again Thursday night and got the same hard-fought result.
I haven’t done the research, but I’m going out on a fairly sturdy limb and just saying it: Toppenish is the first team in the history of the state football playoffs to travel for a first-round game with a 10-0 record.
LOS ANGELES — Craig Kupp got some bad news recently.
ELLENSBURG — After sharing the league title with 11-1 records, Ellensburg and Ephrata will now settle things for the CWAC district volleyball title on Saturday.