Effective January 19, 2016, there is a charge for unlimited access to yakimaherald.com.
Try yakimaherald.com for just 99 cents. Click here!
If you have any questions, concerns or need assistance in establishing or accessing your new online account, please contact our customer service department at (509) 577-7755 or 1-800-343-2799 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays and holidays or 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sundays
• Seven day subscribers: Click here to activate your account
• If you do not have a digital or 7 day print subscription, click here to subscribe
• Do you already have a username and password for yakimaherald.com? Click here for activation
Here are some frequently asked questions that may help you if you are having difficulty with your activation.
1. (HOT TOPIC)
I started the process and successfully made a username and password, but was interrupted. Now when I go back in, it wants me to start over. How can I skip that first step?
If you have a username and password (the form says it is already in use) just click here to sign in and continue to the activation page.
2. It is not taking my last name and phone number.
Make sure that you are typing in the 7 digit number. Your web browser may be automatically filling it with the area code. The area code is not needed.
3. Why are you charging?
The reality is it costs a considerable amount to create the quality community service journalism so important to the health of the Yakima Valley, as well as maintain a reliable website. Charging a modest amount for unlimited access to our digital product for heavy users will help us fulfill our mission long-term.
4. How do I log in to the website?
To log in to yakimaherald.com enter your username and password.
Visit yakimaherald.com and click Activate Your Account to create a username and password. You will need to provide your first and last name and e-mail address. To complete account activation, you will be asked to provide your last name and phone number. This information must match the last name and phone number on your subscription account.
5. I created a username and password, but it will not accept my last name and phone number.
It’s possible the information on your subscription account may be outdated. If you’ve entered your phone number without the area code, spaces or dashes, and it still does not work, contact customer service at (509) 577-7755 or 1-800-343-2799. A representative will assist you in completing activation.
6. I already activated my account, but the "activate your account" button is still showing.
Once you have activated your account, you will be directed to the website. If you are unable to log in after activating your account, contact customer service for assistance.
7. I am trying to activate my account on my iPhone, iPad or mobile device and am getting error(s).
There are many settings on mobile devices which may be causing this. Please try to do the initial activation of your account on a desktop computer or laptop. After that is finished, you can log in with your mobile. Also, please check in your settings and make sure you do not have "private browsing" turned on. You cannot log in successfully with private browsing turned on.
8. I have a user account that I use to pay my bill but I can’t log in to the website. Do I need a separate username and password for the website?
Yes, a separate username and password is needed to access the website. We value the security of your information. Due to security concerns, usernames and passwords from the portion of the site that takes credit cards needs to be separate from the area that controls access to stories. This is an extra security step that will help keep your information secure.
9. Do I have to subscribe to access content on the website?
Valued readers who choose not to subscribe may sample premium content until the monthly threshold of free articles, initially 15, is reached.
10. I am not a seven-day print subscriber. Will I have unlimited access to the website?
7-day print and digital subscribers will have unlimited access to website content. You may upgrade your subscription to add unlimited digital access by clicking here, or by contacting customer service at (509) 577-7755 or 1-800-343-2799.
11. I subscribed, but I can’t log in.
The system takes 24 hours to match your new subscriber account with access to the website. If you need quicker access, please call 509-577-7755 or 1-800-343-2799, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we may be able to grant you access sooner.