Here’s what’s new for home viewing on video on demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other streaming services.
TOP STREAMS FOR THE WEEK
• Michael Sheen is an epicurean angel and David Tennant a rebellious demon who team up to stop Armageddon in the Amazon Original limited series “Good Omens” (2019), a comic fantasy scripted by Neil Gaiman from the novel he wrote with Terry Pratchett. Sheen and Tennant have great fun with their maverick celestial oddballs and make a great odd couple buddy team in the witty, offbeat, often absurdist comedy. Jon Hamm, Michael McKean and Miranda Richardson costar, Frances McDormand narrates, and the soundtrack is filled with Queen songs. All six episodes streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
• More than a decade after the series was abruptly canceled by HBO, “Deadwood: The Movie” (2019, TV-MA) reunites creator/writer David Milch and the cast to bring the story of the legendary frontier Gold Rush town to a conclusion. Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Kim Dickens, Molly Parker, John Hawkes and Robin Weigert headline the feature-length conclusion. On all HBO platforms starting Friday.
• Ava DuVernay revisits the miscarriage of justice of The Central Park Five — African-American teenagers wrongfully accused and convicted of a brutal rape in 1989 and exonerated in 2002 — in the limited series “When They See Us” (2019), a dramatization that focuses on the lives of the five young men over 25 years as they survive prison and struggle to return to society. Vera Farmiga, Michael K. Williams, John Leguizamo, Felicity Huffman, Niecy Nash and Blair Underwood costar. Four episodes streaming on Netflix starting Friday.
• Angourie Rice is a teenage department store clerk in “Ladies in Black” (2018, PG). Bruce Beresford directs the coming-of-age drama set in 1959 Australia costarring Julia Ormond and Rachael Taylor. On video on demand and cable on demand.
PAY PER VIEW/ VIDEO ON DEMAND
• Available the same day as select theaters nationwide is Brian De Palma’s “Domino” (2019, R), a spy thriller with “Game of Thrones” stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Carice van Houten.
• Comedians Ali Wong and Randall Park write and star in the romantic comedy “Always Be My Maybe” (2019, not rated), and Michelle Williams is Marilyn Monroe in the drama “My Week with Marilyn” (2011, R).
• The first two seasons of the Starz historical romantic fantasy “Outlander,” based on the novels of Diana Gabalon, and the debut season of the CW reboot of “Charmed” are now streaming, along with “Supergirl: Season 4,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Season 4” and “Historical Roasts: Season 1” hosted by Jeff Ross.
• Rachel McAdams is a young producer playing referee between the feuding hosts (Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton) of a failing TV morning show in “Morning Glory” (2010, PG-13).
• Two British warships trapped in Arctic ice in 1848 battle to survive in “The Terror: Season 1” starring Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies and Ciaran Hinds.
• David Gordon Green’s “Halloween” (2018, R) is not a remake but a sequel to the original 1978 horror classic with Jamie Lee Curtis reprising her role as Laurie Strode.
NEW ON DISC
• “Greta,” “A Vigilante,” “Outlander: Season 4,” Blue Velvet (Criterion).”
• “Greta,” “Drunk Parents,” “A Vigilante.”
• Sean Axmaker is a Seattle film critic and writer. His reviews of streaming movies and TV can be found at http://streamondemandathome.com.