To the editor — “I will build a great wall … and Mexico will pay for it!” That was the brig promise/lie that Donald Trump used to dupe the American people into voting for him. It was not: “And…
To the editor — It seems that our expensive vehicles today are at war with shopping carts and they are losing. Car prices, payments and repair bills are on the rise while shopping carts contin…
To the editor — President Donald Trump’s successes cannot be denied: 2.9% growth in the GDP; the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years; rising wages; more companies returning to the states; low…
To the editor — How can we convince our neighbors to take care of two diseased trees on their property?
To the editor — Religion should not be weaponized in political discourse. Nor should anyone assume that Democrats are not devout Christians. Our Founding Fathers may have been Christian, but t…
Send your letter to the editor
If you are sending a Letter To the Editor, please be sure to follow these rules:
- Letters have a 200-word limit and may be edited for grammar and clarity.
- Longer letters, up to 500 words, will appear on yakimaherald.com.
- All letters may be edited for grammar, clarity and accuracy.
- The person who signs the letter must be the actual author.
- We will not print form letters, libelous letters, business promotions or personal disputes, poetry, open letters, letters espousing religious views without reference to a current issue, or letters considered in poor taste.
- Letters reflect the opinion of the writer. The Yakima Herald-Republic cannot verify the accuracy of all statements made in letters.
- Writers are limited to one published letter per calendar month.
CHICAGO — It might seem obvious that the angst and fear President Trump has stirred up with his thinly veiled verbal assaults on people of color will translate into votes for a Democrat — anyone but Trump — but it’s just not a slam dunk.
WASHINGTON — The reality TV show presidency is on a roll.
WASHINGTON — Joe Biden is the Democratic front-runner. And there were moments in Thursday night’s debate when he looked the part.
The following editorial originally appeared in the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin.
This editorial originally appeared in the Vancouver (Wash.) Columbian:
This editorial originally appeared in the Tacoma News Tribune:
This editorial originally appeared in The Seattle Times:
The following editorial originally appeared in the Chicago Tribune.