To the editor — Thank you to our local Applebee's and the Union Gap Denny's for hosting so many of our service members on Veterans Day. I took my 82-year-old neighbor, Floyd Henry, to breakfas…
To the editor — Say your general practitioner detects some cardio concerns during your physical and refers you to a local cardiologist. A comprehensive exam results in a bypass surgery recomme…
To the editor — I will never figure out why Yakima spends millions of dollars on street and road improvements and then lets people trash it up. Ever since they started construction on North Fi…
To the editor — Why are people so hateful to each other? I’ve seen it on the roads, in the library and among next-door neighbors.
To the editor — Running for a political office, as I did for Yakima City Council District 3, is a definite experience.
Send your letter to the editor
If you are sending a Letter To the Editor, please be sure to follow these rules:
- Letters have a 200-word limit and may be edited for grammar and clarity.
- Longer letters, up to 500 words, will appear on yakimaherald.com.
- All letters may be edited for grammar, clarity and accuracy.
- The person who signs the letter must be the actual author.
- We will not print form letters, libelous letters, business promotions or personal disputes, poetry, open letters, letters espousing religious views without reference to a current issue, or letters considered in poor taste.
- Letters reflect the opinion of the writer. The Yakima Herald-Republic cannot verify the accuracy of all statements made in letters.
- Writers are limited to one published letter per calendar month.
CHICAGO — Parents are constantly told that reading to their children will instill vital communication skills and that modeling engaged reading will set their kids on a course to becoming bookworms.
One person who is probably more interested in Nikki Haley’s somewhat boring second memoir than most people is Mike Pence.
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump suggested Friday that a U.S. diplomat was responsible for Somalia’s descent into chaos decades ago, distorting her record.
This editorial originally appeared in the Tacoma News Tribune:
This editorial originally appeared in the Vancouver Columbian:
This editorial originally appeared in the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin:
Consider the fantasy now afoot in the land that a “strong mayor” elected at-large would be the remedy for whatever ails the city of Yakima.
This editorial originally appeared in The Seattle Times: