OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Washington’s population has topped 7.6 million, with growth coming mostly from those moving to the state.
Numbers released Monday by the Office of Financial Management shows the state has grown by 109,800 residents over the past year, a 1.5% increase.
In the past year, net migration accounted for 76% of the state’s population growth, with net births responsible for the other 24%.
The state’s population has grown by 931,700 people since April 1, 2010, of which 329,600 moved into King County during that timeframe.
Population growth has remained concentrated in the five of the state’s largest metropolitan counties: Clark, King, Pierce, Snohomish and Spokane. Nearly 70% of the state's population growth occurred in those counties.
The top 10 cities for population growth are: Seattle, Vancouver, Redmond, Bellevue, Tacoma, Pasco, Kirkland, Richland, Lacey and Spokane.