Yakima County Sheriff’s Office honored more than two dozen employees and a member of the public at its first awards ceremony.
The event was conducted at the Yakima Foursquare Church, 700 N. 40th Ave., Thursday evening. At the ceremony, Sheriff Bob Udell recognized the following promotions: Carl Hendrickson to chief criminal deputy; Ed Levesque to chief civil deputy; Aaron Wuitschick to lieutenant; Jason Pepper to sergeant, Candy Kampert and Matt Sharp to lead dispatch; and Virginia Conway to records supervisor.
Other awards given were as follows:
- Deputy of the Year: Joel Panattoni.
- Dispatcher of the Year: Tasheena Tellez.
- Records/Civil Specialist of the Year: McKenzie Woodkey.
- Reserve Deputy of the Year: Reserve Sgt. Mike Daniels.
- Block Watch Volunteer of the Year: Henry Furtner.
Search and Rescue Volunteer of the Year: Rex Reed.
- Life Saving Medal recipients: Flaviano “Bobby” Miranda, Justin Swale, Sergio Reyna, John Duggan, Adrian Garcia, Justin Paganelli and Robert Tucker.
- Sheriff’s Star for officer-involved shootings: Derek Artz, Derrick Perez, Matt Steadman, Chad Peterschick, James “Jim” Frye, Jason Pepper, Justin Swale, William “Nate” Boyer, Jerrold “Judd” Towell and Carl Hendrickson.
- Injury in the Line of Duty medals: Derek Artz and Flaviano “Bobby” Miranda.
- Citizen Hero Award: Jeremy Parrish.