Track the latest information from the firelines on every major incident in the Pacific Northwest.
Hover over an incident icon for the latest information from fire managers. Click on a layer in the menu to show or hide that layer. Not all fires will have perimeters mapped. Thermal satellite fire detections from the MODIS satellites each represent a thermal event somewhere in the 1 km square area defined by the icon. VIIRS visual and infrared fire detections represent an identified event somewhere within a 375 meter square centered on the icon. Both MODIS and VIIRS fire detections can be confused by smoke, cloud cover, dense forest canopy or meteorological conditions.
- Air quality unhealthy; air quality alert in effect through Wednesday
- Wildfire that touched off Thursday near White Swan now 90 percent contained
- End to Yakima Valley’s smoke is blowing in the wind
- Firefighters strengthening firelines to contain Miriam Fire
- Fire behavior analysts’ tricky job of forecasting fire movement
- Washington has underfunded efforts to control wildfire burning, despite smothering smoke
- Fire near Mabton is 80 percent contained; Yakima Training Center fire is out
- Update on area wildfires
- Powerline Fire in Grant County burns thousands of acres, threatens homes and farms
- State Route 24 closed by brush fire