Once Astria Health completes the closure of Astria Regional Medical Center, it will focus on ambulatory, or outpatient, care in the city of Yakima. On Monday, Astria Health offered a message to patients on what services are still available, how to access medical records and how to communicate with the organization on closure-related issues.
What services will Astria Health continue to offer in Yakima?
Among the facilities still open in Yakima are:
• Astria Ambulatory Surgical Center, which offers a variety of outpatient surgery services including hand surgery, joint replacement, orthopedic surgery, spine care, podiatry and plastic surgery; 111 S. 11th Ave.
• Astria Health Centers, which offer a variety of primary and specialty care services, including specialized outpatient surgeries and procedures. Astria Health Centers are at 2501 Business Lane; 6201 Summitview Ave., Suite 106; 6101 Summitview Ave., Suite 200; and 1005 W. Walnut St. (multiple suites).
• Astria Plastic Surgery Center, which offers a variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures; 3907 Creekside Loop, Suite 130.
• Astria Home Health & Hospice, a facility that has a staff of registered nurses, social workers, therapists and others for those who require home medical care. Services can be offered in a private home, adult family home or assisted living facility. The facility also has hospice care for those seeking end-of-life care; 7 S. 10th Ave., Yakima.
• Astria Hearing & Speech Center. Speech-language pathologists and audiologists work under this nonprofit community agency; 303 S. 12th Ave., Yakima.
Other ambulatory outpatient services that will continue include laboratory, therapy and advanced imaging services.
What about other services?
Astria's Sunnyside and Toppenish hospitals will remain open and will continue to offer inpatient hospital care and ambulatory care, outpatient and emergency care. The Astria Sunnyside Foundation will not be affected by the changes.
What if I need my medical records?
Astria Regional Medical Center patients can request records by visiting the Medical Records Department at the St. Elizabeth's Building, 900 W. Chestnut Ave., Yakima, within the next 30 days. Hours for the office are from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays to Fridays. Records can also be requested by calling 509-576-3749 or faxing a request to 509-575-5244.
What if I have questions about the closure and how it affects me?
Astria Health is directing questions to its Q&A line at 509-454-6101. Questions also can be e-mailed to email@example.com.