People tend to use the phrase “political insider” as a pejorative, as if vast experience in public office inevitably leads to an ossification of ideas. Sometimes, though, experience counts mightily and speaks volumes.
Democrat Bengie Aguilar is facing a tough opponent in the 15th District state Senate race: veteran Republican Jim Honeyford, who’s held the position for two decades.
The metaphorical pocketbooks of several local political campaigns are feeling Democrats’ “anger” toward the White House.
Washington's 15th Legislative District
- Yakima County ranks last in state for voter turnout
- More Latinos voting in Yakima County, but few are running for state, county offices
- Curtice apparent winner in race for Yakima County coroner
- One eastern Washington town could become a "sanctuary city" for gun rights
- Gun-rights advocates file lawsuit to block I-1639, the gun regulations measure approved by Washington voters
- Curtice leading by more than 1,400 votes in race for Yakima County coroner
- Experts cite vulnerabilities in Washington state, North Carolina voting security
- Curtice’s lead grows in race for Yakima County coroner
- Mt. Adams bond support ebbs in latest vote tally
- Mount Adams bond measure falls further from passage; Curtice's lead grows