MEET THE CANDIDATES
Sprawling and diverse, the 14th District of the state House of Representatives includes most of western Yakima, all of Klickitat and Skamania counties and parts of Clark County.
Education funding, public records, gun rights and how to address carbon emissions are just a few issues likely to come up in Washington’s next legislative session.
YAKIMA, Wash. -- Republican Chris Corry and Democrat Sasha Bentley will square off for an open state House seat representing the 14th Legislative District in November.
Washington's 14th Legislative District
- Yakima County ranks last in state for voter turnout
- More Latinos voting in Yakima County, but few are running for state, county offices
- Curtice apparent winner in race for Yakima County coroner
- One eastern Washington town could become a "sanctuary city" for gun rights
- Gun-rights advocates file lawsuit to block I-1639, the gun regulations measure approved by Washington voters
- Curtice leading by more than 1,400 votes in race for Yakima County coroner
- Experts cite vulnerabilities in Washington state, North Carolina voting security
- Curtice’s lead grows in race for Yakima County coroner
- Mt. Adams bond support ebbs in latest vote tally
- Mount Adams bond measure falls further from passage; Curtice's lead grows