Ten business owners and community leaders are in the running for Yakima Valley Tourism Ambassador of the Year.
The award will be presented during Yakima Valley Tourism’s annual meeting and reception on June 27. The award recognizes an individual who demonstrates exemplary dedication to the Yakima Valley’s tourism sector.
The 2019 nominees are:
• Julie Michener of Bill’s Berry Farm
• Amanda Hatten of Bron Yr Aur Brewing Company
• Abbey Cameron of the Walter Clore Wine & Culinary Center
• Whitney Stohr of Selah Downtown Association
• Martin Beeler of Sunnyside RV Park
• Brandice Worley of Mighty Tieton
• Paul Newman of Toppenish Chamber of Commerce
• Barb Petrea of Escape the Maddness
• David Lynx of the Larson Gallery
• Sharon Bounds of the City of Zillah
During the meeting, Shiloh Burgess, executive director of the Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce and co-chair of the Washington Tourism Alliance, will speak about state tourism marketing efforts.
The reception will be from 4-6 p.m. June 27 at the Yakima Convention Center, 10 N. Eighth St., Yakima, and is open to the public. Tickets are $25 each and include appetizers and a complimentary glass of beer, wine or non-alcoholic beverage. To attend, RSVP to Stephanie Gangle at Stephanie@visityakima.com or call 509-575-3010.