• Don Young was recently installed as president of the Kiwanis Club of West Valley during the club’s annual installation dinner. Also installed were Dick Dean, treasurer/past president; and Steve Pickett, secretary. Roger Lewis, Dave Gotzh, Ken Irwin and Mike Bonneville will serve on the club’s board of directors.
• Yakima-based attorney Mariano Morales has been recognized as a Three Years 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, which publishes an annual list of the top 10 personal injury attorneys in each state.
• Cardiothoracic surgeon Timothy Icenogle has joined the Astria Regional Medical Center staff. He has more than 30 years of experience in heart and cardiothoracic surgery. Icenogle is a former president of the Northwest Cardiothoracic and Transplant Surgeons.
• Kyle Cardwell is the new director of Klickitat County Services for Comprehensive Health care. Cardwell will oversee services in Goldendale and White Salmon. He most recently worked in tribal behavioral health as a behavioral health and wellness manager based in Anchorage, Alaska.
• Virginia Mason Memorial has welcomed several new employees and board members recently. Dr. Kerry Harthcock, a retired pediatrician at Virginia Mason Memorial hospital and a professor of pediatrics at the University of Washington, recently joined the board of directors. Dr. Aaron Shady is a new provider at Yakima Ear, Nose and Throat. Dr. Clayton Miller has joined the staff at Cascade Surgical Partners. Cynthia Juarez, executive director of early learning and migrant education at Educational Service District 105, has joined the board of directors.
• To have an item published in In Basket, mail an announcement with a photo to Business Desk, Yakima Herald-Republic, P.O. Box 9668, Yakima, WA 98909. Items also can be dropped off at our office at 114 N. Fourth St. in Yakima; faxed to 509-577-7767; or emailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesday for the following Sunday.