• Jim Berg, a practicing attorney and partner in the Yakima law firm of Larson Berg & Perkins PLLC, has joined the Virginia Mason Health System board of directors in Seattle. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. Berg is also the former director and chairman of the Virginia Mason Memorial board of directors in Yakima.
• Megan Powell has been hired as a personal trainer for the Yakima Athletic Club and YAC Fitness. Powell leads workout groups and trains clients one-on-one with the focus on improved health and fitness.
• Carrie Sattler, general manager of the Yakima Athletic Club, and Jordan O’Neal, maintenance supervisor, were recently certified as aquatic facility operators by the National Certification Board and National Recreation and Park Association. Sattler has more than 30 years of extensive experience in aquatics and pool chemistry. O’Neal is new to the Yakima Athletic Club and is experienced in facility maintenance operations.
• Orthopedic trauma surgeon Dr. Corbett Winegar has joined Astria Regional Medical Center. Winegar specializes in joint, knee and hip replacement, orthopedic surgery, orthopedic trauma surgery and general orthopedics. He joins Drs. Alan Greenwald and Roy Pierson at Astria Health Center-Orthopedics.
• Luke Hoisington has been appointed chief information officer for Comprehensive Healthcare. Hoisington is an IT specialist with 13 years at Comprehensive Healthcare.
• Scott Olander has been named chief financial officer for Comprehensive Healthcare. Olander was formerly CFO of Yakima Memorial Hospital.
• John I. Haas Inc. has welcomed Grandview native Jim Ringo as its new vice president of sales and marketing. Ringo, former global sales and general management executive for Land O’Lakes and Cargill, has spent more than 25 years managing sales, strategy, risk management and research and development for agricultural production, food, feed, renewable energy, food service and consumer retail brands.
• Shannon Valerio will be the newest partner of Newsroom Coffee & Gelato. She will take on an expanded management role and be responsible for overall operations and marketing.
To have an item published in In Basket, mail an announcement with a photo to Business Desk, Yakima Herald-Republic, P.O. Box 9668, Yakima, WA 98909. Items also can be dropped off at our office at 114 N. Fourth St. in Yakima; faxed to us at 509-577-7767; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesday for the following Sunday.