• Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has announced that second-year pediatric dental resident Aarika D. Anderson Elter has been selected as the 2018 Western Society of Pediatric Dentistry leadership intern. The program provides interns with leadership and governance experience.
• Rishi Mistry is the new clinical site director at Yakima Pediatrics, a service of Community Health of Central Washington. He will also be responsible for hiring and training physician and nursing support staff. Mistry began his career as a pediatric nurse practitioner at Yakima Pediatrics.
• Sarah Dawson, ARNP, has joined Sunnyside Immediate Care, a part of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. She enjoys hiking, mountain climbing, and traveling.
• Jeremy Burke has been hired as a deputy prosecuting attorney in the District Court Unit of the Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney’s office. Prior to joining the Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney’s office Burke worked at Halverson Northwest Law Group.
• Jeff Louman of Yakima and Halley Newhouse of Sunnyside have been elected to the Central Washington Fair Association board of directors. Louman is a Yakima native who recently retired after 39 years with Huibregtse, Louman Associates Inc., a local civil engineering firm. Newhouse, with her husband, owns and operates Newhouse Farms, a longtime Lower Valley farming operation. New officers for 2018-19 were also elected: Sid Morrison, chairman; David Hargreaves, vice chairman; Lon Inaba, secretary; and Trent Marquis, treasurer.
• Andrew Smith has recently joined Fulcrum Environmental Consulting, Inc. He is certified as a Geologist –in- Training (GIT).