• U.S. Cellular has hired Nathan Waddell and Jeff Heeley as senior director of sales and director of sales, respectively, for the company’s Northwest territory.
Waddell, who has been with the company since 1999, most recently served as director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Missouri. Waddell earned his master’s degree in management at the University of Phoenix and has a bachelor’s degree in business management from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va.
Heeley, who has worked for U.S. Cellular since 2004, most recently served as the area sales manager for the company’s Missouri market. Heeley has a master’s degree in business administration from William Woods University in Fulton, Mo., and a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Hannibal LaGrange College in Hannibal, Mo.
• Solarity Credit Union has hired Nicole Wait as its new remote services manager.
Wait, who has more than nine years of experience in financial institutions, most recently served as assistant branch manager for AmericanWest Bank. She has an associate’s degree in general studies and is currently working on her bachelor’s degree in education.
• The National Association of Community Health Centers has selected Mike Maples for the Elizabeth K. Cooke Advocacy MVP Award.
Maples, chief executive officer of Community Health of Central Washington, was recognized for his dedication and efforts to generate public and political support for the strength and expansion of health centers in the U.S.
• Tami Rance, escrow officer for Pacific Alliance Title in Yakima, recently completed a training session at the National Association of Professional Mortgage Women of the Wenatchee Valley.
During the two-day session, Rance studied changes in seller financing, tax-deferred exchanges, reverse mortgages and wills and estate issues.
The training fulfilled continuing education requirements for certification as a limited practice officer, which gives Rance authorization to select, prepare and prepare documents for a loan, sale or other transfer of real or personal property.
• Pacific Alliance Title has hired Mary Grundy as an escrow assistant. Grundy has more than 25 years of professional banking and mortgage experience though work at Q-Point, Skyline Home Loans and U.S. Bank.
• To have an item published in In Basket, mail an announcement with a photo to Business Desk, Yakima Herald-Republic, P.O. Box 9668, Yakima, WA 98909. Items also can be dropped off at our office at 114 N. Fourth St. in Yakima; faxed to us at 509-577-7767; or emailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesday for the following Monday.