OLYMPIA, Wash. — The state Liquor Control Board is seeking the public’s help in writing regulations for the production, processing and distribution of marijuana.
The board plans a series of forums around the state, including one in Yakima, to get public input and share information about carrying out Initiative 502, last November’s ballot measure that legalized marijuana.
The Yakima forum is scheduled for 7 p.m. Feb. 21 at Yakima City Hall, 129 N. Second St. An informal question-and-answer session will precede the forum at 6 p.m., according to the Association of Washington Cities’ website.
The Liquor Control Board has not released the dates yet, but a spokesman for the agency confirmed for the Yakima Herald-Republic that forums are planned.
According to the Association of Washington Cities, forums are also scheduled as follows:
• Jan. 22 — Washington State Liquor Control Board Headquarters (3000 Pacific Ave. S.E., Room 201, Olympia)
• Jan. 24 — Seattle City Hall (Bertha Knight Landes Room)
• Feb. 7 — Clark College, Vancouver (Foster Auditorium)
• Feb. 12 — Spokane City Hall
• Feb. 19 — Skagit Valley College, Mount Vernon