If you’re looking for something to do today, you’re in luck — there’s plenty. And holiday-themed, too!
Yes, we still have to slog through Thanksgiving before officially starting the Christmas season, that doesn’t mean you can’t get a head start, and maybe score some deals for your T-Day feast. And have some fun.
Here’s some of the food-themed things going on this weekend — don’t neglect your local bazaars. Fresh baked goodies and kitchen gear usually available aplenty. See more goings-on in our event listings.
* Shop, dine, stroll Christmas Preview at West Park Shopping Center on 40th Avenue and Summitview: Participating businesses include Black Bear Frozen Yogurt, Cookie Cutter Etc., Parry Jewlers and Ballesteri’s Cafe, among others. Check it out all day today.
* Christmas open house at Barrett Orchards’ Washington Fruit Place and Gift Shop: Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1209 Pecks Canyon Road behind Fred Meyer, the event features warm apple cider, Washington speciality food samples, gift baskets, apple boxes and othe rfun Christmas items. Also door prizes!
* Glenwood Square Holiday Bazaar: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, 5110 Tieton Dr. Lunch and more than 50 local artisans participating.
* Holy Redeemer Holiday Bazaar: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 102 W. Pierce St., Yakima
* Ahtanum Pioneer Church Holiday Bazaar, 9 am. to 3 p.m., 8500 Ahtanum Road.
* Acoustic melodies by Jim Henson “The Muppet Man,” 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Naches Heights Vineyard —live music and wine in the tasting room
* Union Gap Senior Center Thanksgiving/Christmas Bazaard - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 1000 Ahtanum Road, Union Gap. Stew feed, $5 for adults, $2.50 for children younger than 10
* Holly Jolly Bazaar, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 1111 W. Fremont Ave., Selah
* New Hope Chapel Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., New Hope Chapel, Union Gap
* Selah Nazarene Women’s Ministry Annual Bazzaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 401 N. 1st St., Selah
* Holiday Treasures Christmas Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 4th and Edison, Sunnyside
* Sunnyside Presbyterian Church Country Blessings Bazaar, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., 737 S. 16th St., Sunnyside
* Christmas in the Nile Craft Faire Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Nile Community Club, Goose Prairie