YAKIMA, Wash. — Ashes from a wood stove in a plastic bag may have destroyed a 600-square-foot outbuilding that burned to the ground in West Valley on Monday morning, according to Yakima County Fire District 12.

The structure in the 5200 block of Douglas Road began burning about 10:30 a.m. Firefighters said in a district news release that the building was adjacent to other structures but that firefighers were able to get the blaze under control and keep it from spreading by about 10:50 a.m.

The shed had contents worth about $5,000, according to the news release. There were no injuries and the property was insured.