YAKIMA, Wash. — A fire started by a pellet stove Thursday morning caused more than $50,000 worth of damage to a house in the 900 block of North 29th Avenue, Yakima firefighters say.

The first firefighters arrived quickly after the 10 a.m. alarm because they had been driving in the area, according to a news release from the Yakima Fire Department. They knocked down flames on the outside of the residence, saving the inside from major damage.

Investigators determined that the fire started from a pellet stove and spread to the outside of the home, officials said.

No one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.

The two adults who live at the home were being assisted by their insurance company with lodging arrangements because the house could not be immediately reoccupied.