St. Paul Cathedral School students will be able to return to school today after smoke from an electrical problem sent them home Tuesday morning.

School and fire officials cited a blown fuse in a transformer outside the school and an overheated electrical motor in the gym’s heating and air conditioning system for the problems.

The school’s 228 students were sent home immediately, and a Tuesday night basketball game was canceled.

Firefighters responded to the call about 7:40 a.m. and found no flames, said Yakima Fire Battalion Chief Abel Castilleja.

A Pacific Power crew replaced the fuse and had power back on about 1 p.m. Tuesday, principal Judy Davis said.