ELLENSBURG — Ellensburg police said a 28-year-old man apparently died Sunday from a drug overdose in a restroom at Kiwanis Park.
The man’s body was found about 12:20 p.m., according to a news release issued by the Ellensburg Police Department on Monday.
Investigators said they believe the man, identified as Chase Wade of Ellensburg, died from a drug overdose. Items found during the investigation indicated heroin abuse by Wade, according to the news release.
Toxicology tests are pending.
The park was closed during the investigation.
Last month, two people were arrested in connection with a fatal heroin overdose in Ellensburg.