YAKIMA, Wash. — A woman found dead following a Saturday house fire in Yakima died of carbon monoxide poisoning, an autopsy revealed Monday afternoon. But the case is still being investigated as a homicide, said Yakima County Coroner Jack Hawkins.

Circumstances surrounding the way 62-year-old Jerene Matta’s body was found at the home at 1809 Greenway St. are leading investigators to believe there was foul play, Hawkins said.

“She was not dead before the fire,” Hawkins confirmed. “She was definitely a victim of a homicide.”

The fire was reported Saturday evening, and investigators initially thought Matta was killed before that.

Investigators aren’t yet saying what clues lead them to believe foul play was involved because the probe is ongoing.

The neighborhood is about three blocks south of Nob Hill Boulevard between 18th and 20th avenues.

Anyone with information about the fire or death is asked to call 509-575-6200 during regular business hours.