• The South Central Workforce Council board of directors has elected new executive officers for 2013. They are Jesse Rodriguez of Canam Steel Corp., chairman; Dennis Flabetich of Del Monte Foods, vice chairman; and Barbara Cosner of Sterling Bank, treasurer.
Several members were also reappointed to the board of directors for new two-year terms. They include Francisco Guerrero, HAPO Community Credit Union; Becky Gellerson, Advanced Vocational Solutions; Debbie Byrd, GE Aviation; Steve Hart, Sea Galley/Creekside West restaurants; Denny Newell, Klickitat County Economic Development; and Leanne Liddicoat, Critical Path Inc.
• The U.S. Treasury has awarded Felip Holbrook the designation of enrolled agent.
Holbrook, a business consultant with Moss Adams in Yakima, earned the designation by passing a three-part examination. Enrolled agents are tax practitioners who demonstrate a high level of technical competence and are licensed to practice by the federal government. All agents specialize in taxation and are required to maintain their professional skills with continuing education.
• Yakima Federal Savings and Loan Association has promoted five longtime employees to new officer positions.
Leanne Antonio, who has been with Yakima Federal for 32 years, was promoted to executive vice president. She is also the association’s savings administrator and bank secrecy act officer.
Jackie Payne, who has worked for Yakima Federal for 10 years, was promoted to assistant vice president and internal audit manager.
Greg Boutain was promoted to assistant vice president. Boutain, who has worked with Yakima Federal for nine years, is also manager of Yakima Federal’s Stadium branch.
Erin Thierolf and Adam Coe were promoted to assistant secretary positions. Thierolf, who has worked with Yakima Federal for nine years, is also the association’s marketing officer. Coe has worked with Yakima Federal for seven years and is the bank’s community reinvestment officer and assistant manager of the downtown Yakima branch.
• The International Sports Professionals Association has given Jon Harrison the Certified Workers Compensation Healthcare Provider designation. Harrison, an occupational therapist and owner of Northwest Work Options, earned the designation after completing training and passing an exam.
• LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell has selected West H. Campbell of Halverson Northwest Law Group as one of the top health care lawyers in the nation for 2013. The ranking was compiled by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, a national online directory of attorneys and law firms, based on peer reviews.
• The District 9 Toastmasters has named Cathy Simons of Sun City Toastmasters in Yakima as area governor of the year. She was recognized for exceptional leadership and devoted service.