On magazine is wrapped for the week and will hit the streets Thursday, no doubt sending shock waves through the entire pop-culture scene and reinventing the entire concept of arts and letters.
So, what’s in the blasted thing? Well a lot of stuff, really. We’ve got:
• A feature on the Warehouse Theatre production of “I Hate Hamlet.”
• A feature on up-and-coming local singer-songwriter Heather Simmons.
• Wire coverage of this weekend’s Academy Awards.
• Movie man Ryan Messer’s final Cinemavore column, in which he lays down a film fan manifesto.
• Inklings Bookshop staffers on Mark Bittman’s new cookbooks.
• An Indoorsman column about turning 35. Here’s a quote from that one: “I feel as though I should buy some pleated khakis.”
• A Dear Crabby column about taking other people’s kids on trips and how to ask for compensation. Here’s a quote from that one: “You are basically baby-sitting this kid for free — and not at home, where you can just plop him in front of a PlayStation and go about your night of whiskey drinking and low-key bickering with your spouse.”
And, as always, we’ve got your 10 Days Out briefs and calendar listings and just a whole boatload of entertainment content. So make sure to pick one up in Thursday’s Yakima Herald-Republic or at any number of fine downtown retailers and restaurants.