Fortunately, On magazine has it all covered. Here’s a list of what you’ll find in Thursday’s issue:
* A cover story on The Reduced Shakespeare Company’s show “The Complete World of Sports (Abridged),” which is at the 4th Street Theatre on Saturday.
* 10 Days Out briefs on that Yogoman show, the Noble show and a half-dozen other noteworthy upcoming entertainment happenings.
* An Indoorsman column about being a dilettante Seahawks fan. Here’s a sample: “I haven’t earned that sweetly stinging, stabbed-in-the-gut feeling that comes from watching the team you love lose in the most horrifying way possible. That belongs to you this time, not to me.”
* A Dear Crabby column about men spending too much time in the bathroom. Here’s some of that: “It’s also worth noting, though it’s not mentioned in the study, that people who really enjoy lingering on the toilet are weird as all hell.”
* A Terrible Noise column by our guy Simon Sizer, who this week contemplates David Bowie’s singular coolness.
* A well-written review of Nicole Georges’ new book by Inklings Bookshop guy Adam Jones.
* A look inside the new Casa Vittore Cafe and Bistro on Yakima Avenue, courtesy of copy editor and staff foodie Savannah Tranchell’s On the Menu recommendation.
And, as always, all the event listings you need to plan your week. Pick one up Thursday with your Yakima Herald-Republic, available at all the finest retailers.
- Pat Muir