Well, it’s Thursday, and that means the new On magazine has hit the streets, no doubt causing a stir and angrying up the populace.
You really oughta pick one up. Here’s what we’ve got for you this week:
• A cover story examining the roles of audience and creator and how they’ve evolved via the Internet.
• The best of tech for 2012, featuring all those gadgets you simply must have.
• An On the Menu recommendation of El Mirador, including doctoral-thesis-level deconstruction of what makes a good chorizo nacho.
• A review of the hipster diet book “Chubster” by Inklings Bookshop staffer Emily Ring.
• Pop music writer and unlicensed philosopher (he’s two credits shy) Simon Sizer on Bruce Springsteen’s sparse classic “Nebraska.”
• An Indoorsman column in which I admit to not really being the same “inept, bloated 30-something man-boy, sleeping in piles of dirty laundry, beer cans and 7-11 nachos” that I was when I started writing as The Indoorsman.
• A Dear Crabby column advising a letter-writer on how best to deal with winter dog-poop-scooping duties.
• And, as always, 10 Days Out recommendations and a full list of everything you need to know about what’s going on in Yakima and beyond.
Pick up a copy today in your Yakima Herald-Republic and check out http://www.yakimaherald.com/entertainment.