Well, last week’s On mag was pretty light on local content, but we’re back in a big way this week.
We’ve got a cover story on Seattle indie-folk duo Mikey and Matty, who play the Hackett Ranch Amphitheater at the Gilbert Cellars Cave on Friday. Those guys are fantastic, and it was a great interview.
But that’s not all we’ve got. There’s also:
• An Indoorsman column about having a tire blowout on the highway when I already had an abscessed tooth (which is why last week’s issue was so light).
• A Dear Crabby column in which I respond to a question about the etiquette of bringing someone — who was recently arrested by the groom’s mother — to a wedding.
• Inklings Bookshop staffer Adam Jones on Lydia Davis’ new story collection, “Can’t and Won’t.”
• A Terrible Noise column by my favorite writer Simon Sizer, who this week tackles Tom Waits’ 1999 insta-classic, “Mule Variations.”
• 10 Days Out briefs on Yakama Nation history, a Mighty Tieton art exhibit, several upcoming concerts and more.
And, as always, we have extensive calendar listings to help you plan for the weekend and beyond. It’s all in On magazine, tucked neatly into your Thursday Yakima Herald-Republic. Make sure to pick up a copy.