This week’s On magazine features a cover story on the new “Light-Write” exhibit at the Yakima Light Project Gallery, which combines the work of some of the area’s best writers with that of some of its best photographers.
It’s a great exhibit that rewards those who take the time to stop, read and consider the work. So make sure to check out that story (and that exhibit).
Of course, that’s not all we’ve got this week. There’s also:
• An Indoorsman column about my Hawaii honeymoon. ... “It’s an odd thing, a guy like me going to the beach. Beaches are full of beautiful people in various shades of tan doing things like hiking and surfing and looking totally comfortable shirtless. ...”
• A Dear Crabby column about what to do when you see a dog trapped in a hot car in a parking lot.
• Simon Sizer’s biweekly Terrible Noise column, which this time focuses on David Bowie’s “Young Americans.”
• An On the Menu recommendation for El Grullense, home of some fantastic chicharron tacos.
• A review of Erin Gleeson’s “Forest Feast: Simple Vegetarian Recipes from My Cabin in the Woods” by Inklings Bookshop staffers Emily Ring and Adam Jones.
And, as always, we’ll have all the event listings and calendar items you need to plan for the weekend and beyond. It’s all in On magazine in Thursday’s Yakima Herald-Republic. Make sure to pick up a copy.