This week’s On magazine is a doozy, I tell you, a real doozy.
We’ve got Granger native Rick Castaneda’s feature film debut “Cement Suitcase” on the cover. There’s a Yakima screening set for Friday, and you should all go. I saw the movie last week in Prosser, and it’s legitimately very good.
Of course, that’s not all we’ve got. Here are a few other things you can find in this edition of On:
• An Indoorsman column full of Super Bowl observations. ... “I wanted Sherman to pick off a pass, return it for a touchdown and start yelling about how Archie Manning never should have disrespected him by fathering sons who would grow up to be NFL quarterbacks.”
• A Dear Crabby column addressing the etiquette-driven prohibition on elbows on the dinner table.
• An On the Menu recommendation for the Horse Heaven Saloon in Prosser. Good hanger steak at that joint.
• Short reviews of two children’s books from Inklings Bookshop staffers Amy Stoothoff and Randi Valdez.
• An extra-long section of 10 Days Out briefs, featuring poetry, music, gardening and theater.
And, as always, we’ve got calendars loaded with event listings to help you plan for the weekend and beyond. It’s all in On magazine, which you can find tucked neatly into your Thursday Yakima Herald-Republic. Pick one up.