Well, we’ve got another On magazine in the books and, as always, it’s chock full of good stuff.
Here’s what you’ll find this week:
• A fall television preview to get you ready for all of that fall television.
• An Indoorsman column about the perils of shopping at Costco. “And what’s that over there? Seven pounds of New York deli pastrami? For only $40? That would go great with this oversized $60 bottle of bourbon that I’m trying to talk myself out of buying.”
• A Dear Crabby column about why some speed limit signs say “strictly enforced” and others don’t. “I did not know the answer to this, even after exhaustive research. (Exhaustive research: I Googled it one night, then had two beers and a sandwich and lost interest.) So I called the city.”
• An On the Menu recommendation for Rico’s Tacos in Granger from copy editor and staff foodie Savannah Tranchell.
• A sharp review of Margaret Atwood’s latest, “MaddAddam,” from Inklings Bookshop manager Adam Jones.
• A very short advance on the upcoming Skewered Apple BBQ Championship this weekend at Tree Top in Selah.
• 10 Days Out briefs on the upcoming Chinook Fest music festival, the Ford Mustang show Ponies in the Sun Mustang, jazz singer Eliane Elias and many more.
And, as always, we’ve got full calendar listings with everything you need to know to plan for the weekend and beyond. Pick up an On magazine in Thursday’s Yakima Herald-Republic.