YAKIMA, Wash. — Cinco de Mayo in Yakima is a pretty amazing sight and a really big deal, so it’s on the cover this week.
We’ve got a rundown on all of the events both in Yakima and Sunnyside, the latter of which does quite a nice job with its own Cinco de Mayo festival.
Aside from that, we’ve got:
• An Indoorsman column about his misbehaving dogs and the harrowing experiences of encountering dogs off their leashes.
• A nice review by On magazine movie guy Ryan Chang, who this week examines “The Place Beyond the Pines.”
• An entertaining piece on “Star Wars”-themed books by Inklings Bookshop staffer Emily Ring.
• A short feature on singer-songwriter Holly Williams, who plays the Gilbert Cave next week.
• A short feature on the new Warehouse Theatre production of Steve Martin’s “Picasso at the Lapin Agile.”
• An On the Menu recommendation of the new Sharky’s Pizza Shack.
• 10 Days Out briefs on art, jazz, rockabilly, comedy and a visit from a “Bad Girls Club” bad girl.
And, as always, we’ve got full calendar listings with all the info you need to have a good time this weekend and beyond.
Pick up a copy of On magazine in Thursday’s Yakima Herald-Republic or from one of those retailers or restaurants kind enough to keep a stack of them by the door.